Valorant’s latest patch brings changes to Astra and Raze
Astra’s getting a little extra utility in Valorant’s latest patch. The patch also includes a slight nerf for Raze, a fix for a strange Viper bug, and a few nice quality-of-life upgrades for everyone.
The biggest change this patch goes to Astra, whose Gravity Well ability now pulls players even when they’re diffusing the Spike. While this may seem like a pretty minor change, it’s actually more useful than you might think. If Astra pulls a player out of defusal range, the defuse is stopped. This makes the Gravity Well a spectacular way to defend the bomb site after the Spike has been planted and should make her one of the best post-plant characters in the game.
Raze also got a significant change, but only in the sound effects of her abilities. Now, when Raze uses a Blast Pack to jump into the air it plays a new sound. This means players will have a little more heads up if a Raze is trying to sneakily Blast Pack-boost across a hallway or up onto some boxes.
This patch also includes a bug fix for Viper that was causing players to not take the correct amount of bullet damage after they had been hurt by her poison. Finally, Riot used this patch to make the ping wheel quicker and more predictable, which should help everyone’s communication in-game, especially if you prefer not to use voice chat.
For a look at all the changes that arrived in Valorant patch 2.07 you can check out the full patch notes.
Valorant patch 2.07 notes
- Now pulls Agents that are defusing the Spike
If they are pulled out of defuse range, the defuse will be interrupted
- Audio cues added to indicate when she’s boosted in the air from Blast Pack
- Explosion and Showstopper launching VFX updated so they are less obscuring and clear out of the playspace faster
- Fixed a bug when calculating if damage taken while decayed should be lethal for players with armor.
Most noticeably, this was causing Marshal shots when the target was decayed 50 to reduce the enemy to 1 health instead of killing them.
Quality of Life
- Improved feel of ping wheel selection tool; this should now feel more predictable to use
- Cypher Tripwires now display to Observers with associated team color
- Fixed issue where spectators and observers could sometimes see incorrect aim vectors for scoped-in sniper rifles when switching between views. The incorrect view would settle to the correct position over about 1 second. The correct view now immediately shows.
- Yoru can no longer plant the Spike after using Gatecrash while his Dimensional Shift is active
- Fixed an unintended dome in the sky that Astra saw if she came out of Astral form while Omen is ulting
- Fixed a bug where placing Killjoy’s turret next to Sage’s Barrier Orb would sometimes break it
- Cypher can no longer place Spycam in Cyber Cage projectiles
- Fixed issue where Killjoy’s disbabled Alarmbots would chase far away targets that ran by them when it was re-enabled
- Fixed issue where Skye’s Guiding Light appeared to go underground when thrown directly down
- Fixed various localization issues with the server selector and the promotion screen
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Match History filter to function incorrectly
When viewing a friend’s Match History, it’s possible to get an error message as the result of viewing too many filters too quickly. This limit is in place to help with performance, but should only happen when viewing a friend’s career.
- Fixed a bug where players would have to restart client to rid themselves of their competitive queue restriction after their restriction ended
- Fixed a bug where some players were not penalized for being AFK after a match ended during remakes
- Fixed a bug where players using a Russian keyboard were having issues with party push to talk
- Fixed a bug where players who swapped to Thai keyboard had their voice chat settings reset
Source: Read Full Article