Rainbow Six Siege Update–Test Server Patch Notes Make A Major Change To Ying
Rainbow Six Siege is testing out a major change for one of its operators with the latest test server patch. Ying, an operator introduced back in Year 2, is ditching her frag grenades in favor of a claymore.
The notes for this patch on Reddit explain the rationale behind this decision: “We still feel we want to emphasize her teamwork, and are making a few adjustments while she’s on the TS to gather some more data.” There’s no guarantee that this change will make its way over into the game proper, but if it tests well, it just might.
Significant reworks that change weapons are rare in Rainbow Six Siege, although recently the developers announced that Tachanka would be ditching the turret in favor of a grenade launcher. Obviously Ubisoft is doing something right, because the game is more popular than ever.
There are plenty of other changes and adjustments in this patch. Here’s the full notes.
Remove Frag Grenades, replaced with Claymore.
We still feel we want to emphasize her teamwork (as per the Designer’s Notes), and are making a few adjustments while she’s on the TS to gather some more data.
- FIXED – Clash Exploit.
- FIXED – Only 1 Shot is recharged when picking up Twitch’s shock drone after using all shots.
- FIXED – Iana can be killed after the end of the round if she is still in her hologram.
- FIXED – Oryx sometimes unable to climb the hatch if player gripped it from max distance.
- FIXED – If Oryx dashes at a doorframe next to a soft wall at an angle, he can sometimes dash through and break the wall instead of going through the door.
- FIXED – Missing sound in first person when using Oryx to dash through barbed wire.
- FIXED – Jackal can sometimes still scan if he is at the edge of Mute’s Jammer AOE.
- FIXED – Glaz fire rate is lower on PvE compared to PvP.
- FIXED – LMG clips through the reinforced wall if it is mounted before the wall is reinforced.
- FIXED – Nomad’s full reload animation with the AK-74 can be interrupted by holding the fire key.
- FIXED – The magazines of the ARX200 clips through the weapon’s mag-well when reloading in first person POV.
FIXED – Attackers can plant the defuser inside the hand truck at B Arsenal Room of Clubhouse.
FIXED – Various minor fixes on Oregon.
FIXED – Various LOD issues on maps.
FIXED – Killcam sometimes goes OOW at the end-of-round replay.
FIXED – On some accounts, Iana’s “Exit Replicator” is hardbound to the middle mouse button regardless of set key-bindings.
FIXED – Various cosmetic and Menu/HUB fixes.
Missing drone sounds for other players in the match.
Iana’s hologram deployment VFX is sometimes visible through walls.
Sprint SFX can be broken when running close to a wall (related to the duplicate footsteps issue).
Barricade destruction replication under latency.
Rainbow Six: Siege will also come to Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 when those consoles launch.
Source: Read Full Article