World’s poshest ‘gaming’ chair launched – for classic games like cards and chess
The world's poshest “gaming” chair has been launched – but it'll set you back a cool £2,999.99… and will only accommodate players of traditional games like cards and chess.
The one-of-a-kind chaise features a fold-out table for playing classic board games on, a removable chessboard, a storage area for playing cards and even an antique croupier stick.
It also has a fold-out drinks preparation area, along with all the barware needed to create a cocktail – a shaker, strainer, muddler, stirrer, and more.
Gin makers Hendrick’s commissioned the classically-styled piece of furniture as an antidote to the video gaming boom of the past 18 months.
Sarah Berardi, UK brand ambassador, said: “As people scramble to get their hands on the most wanted Christmas gifts this year, in the face of seasonal supply and demand challenges, our wonderfully absurd Gaming Chaise offers some light longue relief.
“We’ve taken a more renaissance approach, integrating a well-rounded range of features with an eye toward civilized distractions.
“Our contrarian outlook begins with our unique chaise design, which actively – perhaps I should say, leisurely – discourages the user from looking at any kind of a screen.
“Instead, it offers the perfect angle and environment for sipping on a cocktail whilst deliberating on what signature wordsmith move should come next – other board games are available.”
The handmade, seven-foot-long “statement piece” is upholstered in tufted green velvet and outfitted with copper accents, suitable for the most discerning gamers.
It also features an amplified horn so you can call for additional drinks or supplies without ever having to leave the luxury of the chaise.
And retractable arms can hold playing cards to keep your hands free – allowing you to enjoy your freshly mixed beverage.
Just one chaise is available in the UK through online premium spirits retailer Clink.
- Amplified horn allows users to call for additional drinks or supplies without ever having to leave the luxury of the chaise.
- Retractable arms hold bottles and cards alike to free the hands for a cocktail.
- Secret compartments fold out to reveal storage for classic games, and cocktail supplies, of course.
- Handmade, seven-foot-long statement piece upholstered in tufted green velvet and outfitted with copper accents, suitable for the most discerning gamers.
- Optimum length for enhanced comfort and all manner of both real-world play and leisure.
Source: Read Full Article