Stranded Deep: How To Make Lashing
With nothing but your wits and the materials available on the small islands you’ll encounter, it does become very useful to know how to quickly craft certain items in Stranded Deep. Lashing is a material that you can craft which can be used to make other items you’ll need to help you survive.
Step 1 – Make A Rock Tool
To get the materials to make Lashing you first need to make a Stone Tool.
If you do not have this already, then you need to search around the island you are on for a Stone.
- You need one Stone.
They are not the big rocks laying around the islands, but the medium-sized rocks that look like big pebbles.
- When you walk over to one, you will be prompted to pick it up.
- Once you have picked this up, you need to open your Crafting list (R1 for PlayStation gamers).
- Here you will see a list of items you can craft — you need to highlight the Stone Tool.
- Once you have highlighted that, click the craft button ( X for PlayStation gamers).
Step 2 – Look For A Yucca Tree
- Now you need to look for a Yucca Tree.
Yucca Trees look like thinner and smaller versions of Palm Trees.
Tip: You can make Lashing with Palm Saplings but this will take you a lot longer.
When you think you have found a Yucca Tree, walk up to it and the game should tell you the name of the tree.
- Then you need to open your Backpack (quick tap L1 for PlayStation gamers).
- You will see the Stone Tool in your inventory.
- Highlight this and equip it.
Step 3 – Hack Away At The Yucca
- Once you have the Stone Tool equipped, you need to walk up to the trunk of the Yucca.
- When you are in front of it, you need to use the attack/use button (R2 for PlayStation gamers) to hit the tree using your tool.
Tip: The same rule applies for Saplings but you’ll need to crouch down to hit these.
After a few hits, the tree will drop Fibrous Leaves.
- You need to collect 4 of these to make Lashing.
Step 4 – Craft Your Lashing
- When you have 4 Fibrous Leaves, open your crafting menu again.
- Highlight the Lashing slot.
- Hit the craft button.
Now you’ll have Lashing in your Backpack, and you can use it make other survival materials!
Source: Read Full Article