Pokemon Go: Buddy Widget Guide
- What Is The Pokemon Go Buddy Widget?
- How To Install The Pokemon Go Buddy Widget
The team behind Pokemon Go released the game's second widget for mobile devices. Buddy Widget is available on both Android and iOS devices and allows you to keep track of your Buddy Pokemon and a few key stats, proving to be an extremely useful and convenient feature added to this game.
Providing you with valuable information without having to open the Pokemon Go app, knowing the ins and outs of this widget is essential in using it to the fullest. Use the following guide to correctly set up and install the new Pokemon Go Buddy Widget; adding ease and accessibility to your overall experience.
What Is The Pokemon Go Buddy Widget?
In Pokemon Go, you can select one of your Pokemon as your Buddy, providing them with different bonuses. Most notably, if players feed their Buddy Pokemon berries, they will join them on their adventure and walk around with you. Varying in distance depending on the Pokemon, players can earn Candy for their Buddy Pokemon when walking with them for a set distance.
Like their previous Egg Hatching Widget, the Buddy Widget provides users with key information directly on their mobile device's home screen; removing the need to open the Pokemon Go app in various situations. Centered around your Buddy Pokemon, this widget shows the following information regarding your Buddy Pokemon.
- The Buddy Pokemon that you have selected.
- Whether or not they can be fed more berries.
- Your progress and Buddy Hearts earned for your daily "Walk Together" activity.
This information is easily viewed without having to enter the Pokemon Go app, saving you time and effort when playing this game.
How To Install The Pokemon Go Buddy Widget
There are a few simple steps involved in installing this widget on either Android or iOS devices. Follow the steps provided to successfully install the Pokemon Go Buddy Widget on your specific device.
Installing The Pokemon Go Widget On iOS Devices
- On your Home screen, press and hold any of your apps or widgets.
- Tap on the plus symbol in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Search for and select Pokemon Go.
- Select the Buddy Widget.
- Place the Buddy Widget in the desired location on your Home screen.
- Press "Done" in the upper-right corner of the screen.
Installing The Pokemon Go Widget On Android Devices
- Press and hold any empty space on your Home screen.
- Select "Widgets".
- Press and hold the Pokemon Go Buddy Widget.
- Slide the widget to the desired location on your Home screen.
- Lift your finger from the screen to place the widget.
Pokemon Go recommends enabling Adventure Sync when using their widgets. This allows for your movement to be tracked even when the app is not opened.
Source: Read Full Article