Pokemon Go Alolan Meowth Shiny: How to catch Shiny Alolan Meowth in the wild?
The latest Pokemon Go event went live earlier today all across the world.
It's the new Buddy event, the latest creation to keep the game ticking over by the developers at Niantic who are surely working overtime to keep the game fresh in this unprecedented time.
To know everything Niantic are doing for this event, keep reading for full details further down the page.
For now though, we're focusing on Alolan Meowth, a Pokemon who was already available in shiny form in the game. However, today's update is something special.
Of course, Alolan Meowth isn't the only shiny Pokemon available during the buddy event.
The headline act is the inclusion of Volbeat and Illumise, the Firefly Pokemon, who are available in all regions for the first time. Handy since they're normally region locked to certain continents.
However, as we mention, we're focussing on Alolan Meowth. So read on if you want to know how to grab this little purple fuzzball.
How to catch shiny Alolan Meowth in Pokemon GO?
As stated, the Pokemon Go 'Buddy event' is now live and will take place for one week.
Which means you have seven days to grab yourself this special shiny Pokemon.
You might be thinking 'so what' it's not new.
Ah yes that is true. However, not all players have been fortunate enough to capture a shiny Alolan Meowth.
In fact, given that the only way to encounter Alolan Meowth is through 5KM eggs, the chances are astronomically low of catching one.
Hat tip to all those smug players who have managed it though. Thankfully, this new event brings good news.
For one thing, Alolan Meowth is "hatching from 5 km Eggs and at a higher rate". That's the first plus.
Secondly, you can encounter Alolan Meowth by completing one Field Research Task. If you complete the 'Give your buddy a treat' field research you'll earn yourself an encounter. That's another way to boost your shiny odds!
However, the best bet is through a wild encounter. Yes, you read that correctly. Users are reporting that you can find this Alolan pokemon in the wild.
And after the Buddy event ends, this Pokemon will likely revert back to only being available in eggs, so grab it whilst you still can.
We'd suggest that to increase your chances you should head over to the Silph Road Global Nest Atlas to find your nearest Illumise nest.
Unfortunately, for those in Europe, that might not be possible as we imagine Illumise will return to only being available in North and South America.
For those wanting to know more about the rest of the Buddy Pokemon events, keep reading for the full breakdown of features available for the next week.
Pokemon GO Buddy Event – FAQ!
Time to buddy up and enjoy an event together with your Pokémon GO buddy! Spend time with your Buddy Pokémon with special bonuses, like decreased walking distance for earning Buddy Candy and hearts with your buddy. If you’re a dedicated Trainer, you may even get more items and Souvenirs from your buddy! Looking for a Pokémon to make your pal during this event? Alolan Meowth, Chansey, Eevee, Feebas, Lillipup, and Joltik make great buddies and will appear more often in the wild. Woobat will also be making a special appearance!
Volbeat and Illumise, the Firefly Pokémon, will be joining the fun and will be available in all regions during this event. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Volbeat or a Shiny Illumise! Don’t miss your chance to find both before they return to being exclusive to their usual regions. Volbeat is usually found only in Europe, Asia, and Oceania, while Illumise is usually found only in the Americas and Africa.
Date + Time –
Tuesday, April 21, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, April 27, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time
- Volbeat and Illumise, normally found only in specific regions, will be appearing everywhere in the wild, in Eggs, and as reward encounters from Field Research tasks! If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Volbeat or a Shiny Illumise!
- For the first time, you’ll be able to encounter Woobat in the wild and after completing certain Field Research tasks. Woobat will be available in the wild and in 2 km Eggs after Buddy Up is over.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild: Alolan Meowth, Chansey, Eevee, Feebas, Lillipup, and Joltik.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs and at a higher rate: Alolan Meowth, Eevee, Feebas, Lillipup, and Joltik.
- Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that reward Stardust and encounters with Alolan Meowth, Volbeat, Illumise, and Woobat.
- Buddy Pokémon will be bringing you more surprises more often! Look out for more items and Souvenirs. Your buddy might even bring you a new kind of gift!
- The distance to earn Buddy Candy and hearts with your buddy will be halved.
- It’ll be easier for your buddy to get excited!
- Feed your buddy Berries and Poffins, and it’ll join you on the map for twice as long.
- Earn twice the XP for evolving Pokémon, your buddy or otherwise!
Latest Games News
Source: Read Full Article