FIFA 21 TOTY results reveal surprise Messi exclusion
EA has dropped the results of FIFA 21’s Team of the Year, which includes the game’s cover star but not Messi, much to some fans’ outrage.
After so much feverish anticipation, EA has finally announced which players have made FIFA 21’s Team of the Year.
70 of the best football players over the last 12 months were nominated, with fans asked to vote for who they wanted to make the cut.
According to EA, over 8 million votes were cast to decide the final 11, though there is apparently one extra player that has yet to be confirmed.
The results are as follows:
- Manuel Neuer – Bayern München
- Alphonso Davies – Bayern München
- Virgil van Dijk – Liverpool
- Sergio Ramos – Real Madrid
- Trent Alexander-Arnold – Liverpool
- Joshua Kimmich – Bayern München
- Kevin De Bruyne – Manchester City
- Bruno Fernandes – Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo – Piemonte Calcio
- Robert Lewandowski – Bayern München
- Kylian Mbappé – Paris Saint-Germain
In a surprising turn of events, this makes the first FIFA TOTY to not feature Barcelona’s Lionel Messi.
This has already sparked a debate over whether FIFA has ignored a portion of the votes to favour Mbappé, who happens to also be FIFA 21’s cover star.
However, it seems entirely plausible that Messi will end up being the 12th additional player, if he has received as many votes as some fans believe.
Source: Read Full Article