Diablo 3 Season 20 Kicks Off This Month–Here's What To Expect
Diablo III is still going strong nearly eight years after release, with Season 20 set to begin on March 13, and players on PC, Switch, PS4, and Xbox One will be able to experience it. The new season will be known as the Season of the Forbidden Archives, and will have a lore focus on Kanai’s Cube, as well as “the equally celebrated and reviled Horadrim, Zoltun Kulle,” who will help you tap into some tremendous powers.
During Season 20, you’ll be able to equip three additional Legendary powers into the slots of Kanai’s Cube, with no category restrictions for what you can do. You’ll be able to mix and match between Weapon, Armor, and Jewlry powers, meaning you could have, for instance, three Weapon powers if you wanted to.
The seasonal cosmetic rewards will be the same ones that players got their hands on back in Season 8, many years ago. They’re pictured below.
New End of Journey rewards will also be available, so players who already played through Season 8 will still have incentive to keep at it. Players who complete the season’s content will nab the Teganze Warrior Portrait Frame and a Bat pet, both seen below.
As with previous Seasons, you can also reach the Conqueror rank and earn extra stash tabs. You can earn up to five stash tabs by completing these objectives:
- Guardian of Sanctuary: Finish a level 70 Nephalem Rift on Torment XIII difficulty within 5 minutes.
- Gem of My Life: Level three Legendary Gems to level 55.
- All I Do is Win: Complete 2 Conquests this Season.
- Warm Thoughts: Kill Izual at level 70 in under 15 seconds on Torment XIII difficulty.
- Money Ain’t a Thang: Slay Greed on Torment XIII difficulty. Treasure Goblins outside of Nephalem Rifts will sometimes open portals to Greed’s domain, The Vault.
- Take U There: Reach Greater Rift Level 60 Solo. Greater Rift keystones can be obtained from any Nephalem Rift guardian.
- Power Amplification: Use Kanai’s Cube to augment an Ancient Legendary item with a level 50+ gem.
- Cubic Reconfiguration: Use Kanai’s Cube to reforge a Legendary item.
And, as always, you can unlock new Class Sets as you complete Chapters 2-4 of the Season. To get all three pieces of a Class Set for one character, you’ll want to play through each Chapter with them. Here’s the new Class Sets for this season:
- Barbarian – Immortal King’s Call
- Crusader – Seeker of the Light
- Demon Hunter – Natalya’s Vengeance
- Monk – Uliana’s Stratagem
- Necromancer – Trag’Oul’s Avatar
- Witch Doctor – Spirit of Arachyr
- Wizard – Vyr’s Amazing Arcana
Diablo III continues to go strong, with Diablo IV still a while away. Blizzard has recently shown off the game’s reworked UI, and it looks quite different from III.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Source: Read Full Article