Pokémon GO announces Friendship Day event in late April
Pokémon GO has officially announced Friendship Day, a new event celebrating in-game friendships taking place on Saturday, April 24 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. local time.
Friendship Day will feature several bonuses. Various Grass-type Pokémon will spawn more frequently in the wild. There will be a new collection challenge. And, there will be three different hourly challenges that players can complete for bonus experience.
Here’s a complete list of the bonuses happening during Pokémon GO’s Friendship Day event:
- Players will have an increased chance of receiving a Lucky Pokémon when completing a trade with a friend. This bonus will be active until 5 p.m. local time on the day of the event.
- Trade distance will be increased to 40km; friends will be able to trade without being right next to one another.
- Players will receive three times as much experience for catching Pokémon during the event.
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Lures activated during the event will last for three hours.
Perhaps the most appealing aspect of the event, however, is how much experience players can earn during it. This will be a great opportunity for players to level up quickly.
Pokémon GO Friendship Day offers players a chance to get big experience gains
This short, three-hour event offers players a great chance to get a lot of experience. In addition to getting three times as much experience for catching wild Pokémon, players who complete the Friendship Day Collection Challenge will earn 100,000 experience. Players can also earn 20,000 experience each hour for completing hourly challenges.
Players should keep in mind that using a Lucky Egg will double all experience that they earn. This will be a great opportunity to level up and get Lucky Pokémon with friends.
Finally, there will be Green confetti appearing on the map to celebrate Grass-type Pokémon during Pokémon GO Friendship Day. While this doesn’t necessarily do anything in terms of playing, it creates a unique aesthetic.
Source: Read Full Article