Here are your Magic: The Gathering Arena patch notes for Kaldheim
Kaldheim is live on Magic: The Gathering Arena, and with it comes some hefty patch notes. While there is a good number of fixes coming for Kaldheim cards, issues plaguing the rest of the game have been patched out as well.
The more general fixes coming to Arena include several visual fixes and some minor changes to pet animation.
- The number of matches left in a best-of-three draft is updated
- Split cards (such as cards with Aftermath) now display correctly when expanded
- A specific issue with the cards Claim // Fame and Kroxa has been corrected
- Pets sleep when muted
- Players can now select basic lands in limited formats when retrieving cards from outside the game
Kaldheim-specific Arena patch notes
The bulk of the updates coming to Arena are for Kaldheim cards. Players should double-check the list to ensure the cards they are playing are working properly.
Aegar, the Freezing Flame
When Aegar is on the battlefield, Arena will prompt players to ignore the Auto Assign Combat Damage, allowing for players to trigger Aegar and adjust combat damage.
Alrund, God of the Cosmos
Players will be shown only the card types available in their deck when Alrund’s ability triggers. Players can still manually enter a different card type if they choose.
Players can activate Ascendant Spirit’s abilities at any time, but not if the Spirit doesn’t meet the necessary creature type for the next ability.
Auto-Tap and Snow Sources
When a spell has a snow mana condition, Auto Pay will pause, giving players a chance to manually pay snow mana requirements. If players do not have snow mana sources, Auto Pay will not pause. Auto Pay will also try to maximize the amount of snow mana from sources for specific spells.
Cosima, God of the Voyage
If Cosima is in exile, its controller may put a voyage counter on it when a land enters the battlefield under their control. Players must select “Take Action” to place a voyage counter on it. If the player chooses “Decline,” Cosima will return to the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it and they will draw X cards, where X is the number of voyage counters on it.
Cards that require players to choose a creature type
For cards that require players to choose a creature type, the default choices available will typically be from the cards available in each zone.
When an opponent activates Niko Aris’s minus-one ability, it will have a count associated with it equal to the number of cards that players have drawn that turn. It will have an “x2” modifier to show that it will deal twice that much damage.
The Auto-Tap system will prioritize other lands to leave the enchanted forest untapped whenever possible.
MTG Arena patch notes changes to events
- Jan. 29 – April 16: Kaldheim
- March 12 – March 26: War of the Spark
- March 26 – April 2: Core Sets
Quick Draft Schedule
- Jan. 29 – Feb. 12: Zendikar Rising
- February 12 – Feb. 26: Kaldheim
- February 26 – March 12: Theros Beyond Death
- March 12 – April 2: Kaldheim
- April 2 – April 16: Throne of Eldraine
FNM at Home Schedule
- Feb. 5: Treasure Singleton
- Feb. 12: Standard
- Feb. 19: Momir
- Jan. 29 – February 19: Kaldheim Sealed
- Jan. 29 – April 16: Kaldheim Traditional Draft
- Feb. 6 – February 9: Standard Metagame Challenge
- Feb. 12 – February 19: Traditional Kaldheim Sealed
- Feb. 13 – February 16: Kaldheim Constructed
Even more bug fixes
- Logging into the same account on different devices should no longer cause a disconnect loop.
- In the horizontal deck builder mode, the Companion slot should no longer incorrectly say “Commander.”
- The “orange dot” indicator on the Mastery Pass tab should now correctly display if players have orbs left to spend.
- Puppet Jace’s audio should no longer get stuck in a loop.
- Fixed a bug with Kaladesh Remastered sealed events that could in rare cases stop a player from being able to edit their deck.
- We now prevent a confusing double pop-up when crafting a banned or Historic card.
- In Deck Builder, cards can no longer scroll outside the horizontal view when you have large stacks.
- Reminder text on modal double-faced cards show now correctly display in all supported languages.
Source: Read Full Article